UNS Federated Identity API offers a user-focused, federated Single Sign On system with the convenience of social logins and the security of digital signatures without sacrificing privacy. UNS is designed around four privacy principles:
- Users control their identity
Trust in UNS derives from encryption keys which users generate on their devices.
- No Personally Identifiable Information
UNS Authentications do not contain username, email address, phone numbers or any other personally identifiable information about the users.
- Chain of Trust
Tickets are digitally signed by all parties to provide an auditable record for every authentication.
- Proof Based Authentication
Services set the required level of attestation for each ticket.
The Universal Name System was designed to put and end to the privacy and security dilemma without sacrificing either.
- UNS is standards based
- All of our code is open source and available for inspection.
- UNS uses no black boxes, no proprietary algorithms, and no secret code.
- Authentications in UNS are verified using JSON Web Token
Our “secret recipe” is an elegant twist of existing technologies to enable services to use best in class cryptographic solutions and an integrated workflow for any attestation type.
- How to agree on an intermediary for authentication
- How to manage key generation and revocation for every service
- How to sync access across user devices without transmitting keys
Here is how it works.
UNS FederatedID delivers a robust privacy and security system specification built around time tested REST-ful APIs and Resource Description Framework schema.
UNS provides the flexibility you need to meet your operational and business requirements.
Try our Wordpress demo or download our Wordpress plugin
Want to learn more? Contact us today